Delicious healthy recipes using alternatives to meat and chicken.
Healthy Recipes: Sweet and Sour Quorn
1 pkt Frozen Quorn (chunks)
1 Medium Onion ( chopped)
Garlic and Ginger to taste (grated or finely chopped)
2 tbs Flour
2 tbs Lemon Juice
2 tbs Apple Cider Vinegar
2 tbs Cane (brown) Sugar
1 Tin Pineapple Chunks
- Gently fry ginger and garlic in organic sunflower or avocado oil.
- Add onions and fry until clear .
- Add quorn and fry until slightly brown.
- Add flour and cook for 1 to 2 minutes.
- Add remainder of ingredients and simmer for 1/2 to 3/4 hour.
- Add vegetable if sauce is too thick. I use Marigold Bouillon stock – gives good flavour.
Serve with rice or quiona.
Healthy Recipes: Lunch Box Suggestion
Created by Dean Robinson
Soy or nut butter
Take a whole organic apple and wash it.
Set the apple upright on a cutting board and slice in very thin slices.
Next take some soy butter (or nut butter) and spread on two of the apple slices.
Get some strawberries and slice them in thin slices. Place on top of the soy butter. Put the two apple slices together like a sandwich and eat.
Very yummy breakfast or snack!