Effectively wonderful relaxing experience – Helps to relieve stress and sinus pain, and, by removing wax, can often improve hearing.
It sounds like a gently crackling fire and I’ve been amazed how much wax can be drawn up into the hollow candle. After hopi ear candling a 3 year old with diminished hearing could once again hear conversation.
This is an ancient and natural therapy handed down by many civilisations. It is believed that the Ancient Greeks used ear candles, initially probably for cleansing, purifying and healing on a spiritual basis. The Hopi Indians of North Arizona brought the practice of candling to the modern world (N.B. Hopi means peaceful people).
Indications for Hopi Ear Candling: –
Excellent for treatment of nose and throat congestion, sinusitis, headaches, T.M.J. (jaw joint) pain, tinnitus and otitis externa (inflammation of external ear).
This is a very relaxing treatment and ideal for reducing stress or anxiety.
Candling helps to soften wax for easy removal.
Hopi candles have been found to help with:
• Excessive or compacted wax in the ears – it has the ability to somehow very gently extract wax from the ear.
• Irritations in the ear or sinus problems.
• Helps regulation of pressure in cases of headache, migraine, sinusitis or rhinitis, glue ear, colds, influenza.
• Noises in the ears, ringing, tinnitus.
• Energetic revitalization in cases of hearing impairment.
• Local activation of the lymphatic and the metabolic process.
• Relaxing and calming effect in cases of stress.
• Can be a pre-flight treatment.
• For some it can replace having ears syringed.
Remember if in doubt always contact your G.P.
Are there any detrimental effects?
No contraindications are known to date but, as a precaution, it is advisable not to use Hopi candles:-
• If grommets are in place.
• In the event of an allergic reaction to the contents.
• If there is inflammation or infection consult with G.P. and /or practitioner.
If you are interested in Hopi Ear Candling in Northern Ireland by Vivien Hutchinson or Hopi Ear Candling near Belfast (just 30 minutes away) please feel free to contact me: 07776 430 440